Each project represents a database. Projects can be used to organize different application schemas or environments.
Directus allows for one instance of the API/App to manage any number of project databases. Each project has its own database and is configured in its dedicated API config file, where all options can be configured.
Creating a New Project
- Create a new database and database user
- Create a new API config file
- Add the API URL to your App config file
- Run the Directus Installer or manually setup
Deleting a Project
As of now, this can only be done manually.
- Delete the project's database
- Delete the project's API config file
- Delete the project from your App's config file
- Delete any files in that project's storage adapter
Linking to a Project
Since Directus is multitenant, you need a way to link to specific projects. This is accomplished by adding a project query parameter to the login page containing a base64 encoded URL of the API you want to use, the application will automatically select "Other" (if allowed) and pre-fill the API URL.