Directus includes a full-featured Digital Asset Management (DAM) system, complete with different Storage Adapters. Learn more about Files.
# Uploading a File
There are many ways that a file can be uploaded into Directus via the App. We'll cover the primary method below, but keep in mind that files can also be added directly through different interfaces.
- Navigate to the File Library
- Click on the "Create Item" (+ icon) button located in the header
- Upload the file by:
- Dragging a file from your desktop to the modal
- Click the modal area to manually select a file from your device
- Clicking the "..." icon and choosing "Import from URL"
# Creating a Thumbnail Preset
- Navigate to Settings > Project Settings
- Scroll to the Storage Asset Presets field
- Click Add a New Item
- Enter a unique Key for the preset
- Enter the Fit, Width, Height, and Quality for the preset
- Click the Save action button in the header
# Downloading an Original File
TK (download button)
# Requesting a Thumbnail
# Editing Images
TK (image editor on file detail page?)