# Backing Directus
Directus is both premium and free — two things that don't often go together. It takes significant resources to maintain and advance the platform. If you'd like to help keep Directus active and open-source please consider supporting it through one of the methods below.
# Financial Support
Talented full-time and part-time staff, infrastructure, and third-party services are just some of our organization's expenses, and revenue from our Cloud services and donations from sponsors doesn't fully cover those costs. Below are a few ways to help us keep the lights on and move towards self-sufficiency.
# GitHub Sponsors
Monthly donations via GitHub Sponsors (opens new window) are the most reliable form of financial support. Donate to the organization, or directly to our core developers!
- Directus (opens new window) — Organization
- rijkvanzanten (opens new window) — Technical Lead
- WoLfulus (opens new window) — DevOps
- Nitwel (opens new window) — Developer
# Sponsored Work
Our merchandise is a great way to support Directus — you get some swag, and we get some financial support and advertising. Simply make an appropriate financial donation through GitHub Sponsors (opens new window), message us with sizing/shipping details, and we'll get it shipped!
# Other Contributions
Below are several ways anyone can help improve our ecosystem.
# Code Pull Requests
Squashing bugs, optimizing the codebase, increasing test coverage, and adding new features, are all extremely valuable. Not technical? We have plenty of documentation that can always use some extra attention. Learn more in our Contributors Guide.
Every translation enables users in new languages to use our international platform. Our Crowdin integration (opens new window) makes polishing existing translations or creating new ones a breeze.
# Bug Reporting
If you encounter an issue within Directus, no matter how small, we would love to hear about it. Proper bug reporting helps our team assess the platform's stability. Report a bug (opens new window)
# Brand Advocacy
You can create perfect software, but if no one knows about it, it's all for naught. Marketing and advertising are expensive, but you can help us avoid these costs with the following quick options:
- GitHub Stars — The primary metric by which we measure our success. It only takes five seconds to head to directus/directus (opens new window) and click the star — enough in a short period of time and Directus gets featured on GitHub's trending page!
- Social Posts — A quick post mentioning @directus (opens new window) goes a long way, and we re-tweet the team's favorite shout-outs to our 35K+ followers.
- Testimonials — One sentence. Even that was a sentence, and it was only two words! If you're a fan of Directus, we'd love to hear why with a short endorsement. Shoot us an email, Tweet (opens new window), or Discord (opens new window) message with your name, title, and company.