# User Directory
# How it Works
This Module is a management system that enables one to view, invite, create, edit, and delete Users. In order to understand and use this Module effectively, you will need to understand Users, Roles, and Permissions.
# Access Permissions
The permissions configured for your Role will determine what you can see and do inside the User Directory. Roles with Admin Access enabled are created with full Permissions. Roles with App Access enabled are created with some limited Permissions configured by default. Roles that have neither Admin nor App Access enabled (such as the built-in Public Role) are created with no access permissions (to anything) by default. Default permissions can be fully configured in Settings > Roles & Permissions.
# User Directory Page
Lists all Users in a Project, with a navigation that allows quick access to Users by Role. This page has the same functionality as other Content Pages.
- Select All – Selects all Users currently in queue.
- Card Size – Toggles size of User Displays.
- Sort Field – Selects Field used to Users by.
- Sort Direction – Toggles ascending & descending sort order.
- Search – Enables classic type-based searching.
- Filter – Enables advanced query-based search.
- person_add – Invite people to become Users via email.
- add – Create User manually.
The following are only visible once Users are selected.
- edit – Opens a User Details page to apply a single edit across multiple Users.
- delete – Deletes one or more Users.
# Layout Options
The Sidebar > Layout Options (denoted by layers when Sidebar is minimized) allows you to adjust how Users are displayed on the User Directory.
- Layout – Toggles User Display from a dropdown menu.
- Image Source – Selects the image Field for the User Display.
- Title – Sets a title for the User via Display Templates.
- Subtitle – Sets a subtitle for the User via Display Templates.
# Layout Setup
- Image Fit – Displays the image as cropped or contained.
- Fallback Icon – Sets a default icon for Users that have no image set.
# Viewing a User
Users are referenced throughout the app, often for accountability purposes. Hovering over a User in this context will provide a popover with basic information. Clicking that popover will navigate you to a view of that User's profile page.
# User Profile Page
A User's profile page can be accessed from the User Directory or by clicking the User Menu at the bottom of the Module Bar. The profile page has the same features and functionality as the Item Page. Administrators can customize the Fields on this page, but the following are available by default.
# User Details
- First Name – The given name.
- Last Name – The family/surname.
- Email – A unique email address.
- Password – A hashed system password.
- Avatar – An image to represent the User.
- Location – The city, country, office, or branch name.
- Title – The professional staff title.
- Description – A freeform text description.
- Tags – Keywords for search-ability.
# User Preferences
- Language – The preferred App language/locale.
- Theme – Light or Dark mode (or based on system preferences).
- Multi-Factor Authentication – Configuration for MFA.
- Email Notifications – Receive emails for notifications.
# Admin Options
- Status – Sets User status as Draft, Invited, Active, Suspended, Archived.
- Role – Defines the User's Role.
- Token – Accepts any string as User access token. At least 19-20 characters recommended, but we give you the tools and flexibility to set this according to you own internal security policies.
- Provider – read-only: SSO provider associated with User. See our built-in SSO options.
- External Identifier – Displays external identifier generated by SSO provider.
# Read-only Info
Information in the Sidebar (denoted by info when Sidebar is minimized) also includes the following read-only details:
- User Key – The Primary Key of the Usser.
- Last Page – The last App page accessed by the user.
- Last Access – The timestamp of the User's last App or API action.
# More Help
Looking for technical support for your non-enterprise project? Chat with thousands of engineers within our growing Community on Discord (opens new window)